Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is a web-based business data service that allows students and faculty to access and analyze a variety of financial data sources for academic research. The Chinese University of Hong Kong provides access to the following databases through WRDS:
- COMPUSTAT Global
- COMPUSTAT North America
- Corporate Library
- CUSIP Master File
- Mergent FISD (Fixed Income Securities Database)
- Ivy DB OptionMetrics
- KLD social ratings database
- SEC Analytics Suite
For latest news about WRDS, please click here.
Types of Individual Accounts
- Faculty: Available to all current faculty of CUHK.
- Visiting Scholars: Available to visiting faculty (non-permanent or part time position). The account will be expired after the end of the visiting appointment or up to a maximum of one year, whichever comes earlier.
- PhD Students: Available to all current PhD students of CUHK. The account will be expired at the end of the study period or up to a maximum of two years, whichever comes earlier.
- Research Assistants: Available to research assistants or postgraduate students performing research for a faculty member of CUHK. The account will be expired after the end of the appointment period or up to a maximum of one year, whichever comes earlier.
To apply for an Individual Account
For Faculty, Visiting Scholars, and PhD Students
Click here to apply and select the Register tab to fill in the followings:
- Account Type : select the appropriate type.
- Institution : Chinese University of Hong Kong
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email : input an active cuhk.edu.hk email address.
- Desired Username
- Click Submit button
For Research Assistants
Please send your request to CUHK WRDS Representative with the following data:
When the request is approved, you will receive an email with instructions for setting the password and logging into WRDS.
Enquiry on account application, please contact CUHK WRDS Representative.