||Caring for Library Materials
- Always handle library materials with clean and dry hands.
- To take out books from the shelves, grasp and pull from the middle of the bookspines, instead of the headcaps.
- Where needed, mark the important places in the books with bookmarks, do not underline, highlight, write nor dog-ear the pages.
- Avoid attaching sticky notes and paper clips to the books. These materials may creases or leave rusty stains on the pages, and may even tear papers off when try to remove them.
- Keep the books away from food and drink. Not only will these stains damage the items, but also attract the pests that may cause damages to the rest of the library collection.
- Always return the books gently with the bookspines first into the book drops.
- Protect the books if they are brought out of the library on rainy days. Water damages will stain on the book and deform the papers and made the books unfitted for circulation.
- Damaged books and marked pages should be reported at the Circulatioin Desk as soon as noticed.
- Please be careful and follow the guidelines when making copies from books.
Last update: Apr 2012