||Set up / Modify Your Password (PIN)
A Library password is needed for using the Library services and facilities, such as logon to Library PCs, view your own Circulation Record, online renewal, online request, and add/update e-mail address. For eligible users, Library passwords will also be needed for interlibrary loan request, room booking, and remote access to e-resources.
- Please have the followings ready:
- Your CU Link Card with ID number is printed on the front; and
- CUHK Webmail account (default for new students) or
other e-mail account registered with the Library;
|All other library users |
Your CU Link Card or Library Card with ID number printed on the front;
- Go to Library Homepage (http://lib.cuhk.edu.hk) > My Library Record or https://library.cuhk.edu.hk/patroninfo;
- Click the link as appropriate:
- For CUHK students,
- Enter your Student ID and click “Submit”;
- The following message will be shown: “A message has been sent to the email address registered with the Library (CUHK Webmail by default). Please click on the URL in the email to create your Library Password (the URL in the email will only remain valid for 3 hours).”
- Check your CUHK Webmail account (default for new CUHK students); or other email account registered with the Library;
- Click on the link in the email to create your Library Password;
- Enter your Student/Staff/Library ID and click “Submit”;
- Enter your preferred password (up to 8 characters of lower-case alphabets and/or numbers);
- Re-enter the password for confirmation.
Modify Your Library Password
- Logon to your “My Library Record” at the Library Homepage or https://library.cuhk.edu.hk/patroninfo;
- Click “Modify your PIN”;
- Enter your current Library Password;
- Enter your new Library Password;
- Re-enter the Library Password for confirmation;
- Click “Submit”, a message “Your PIN has been modified” will display.
Forgot Your Library Password
- Click “My Library Record” at the Library Homepage;
- Click “Please click here to reset your Library password” under “Forgot your Library Password?”;
- Enter your Student/Staff/Library ID;
- Click “Submit”;
- A message will be displayed to acknowledge your request. For security reason, you will be asked to reset your password via the link provided in an email sent to the email account in your library record later;
- Click “Start Over”;
- Open your email and click on the link to reset your password.
For Department Copying/Printing Card, the Library Password will be deleted upon the department’s request.
For assistance, please contact Library Counter staff, call 3943-7306 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last update: Sep 2013