||Online Requests/Holds (How to)
When a book is checked out, users can place a hold (request) on it. Once the item is available for borrowing, users will be notified by receiving "Hold Pickup" notices. Please refer to the Borrowing Privileges for the number of holds you can place. To place a hold in the Library Catalogue:
- Search the book by title, author, call number or subject, etc;
- At the record, click " REQUEST HOLD ";
- Enter your Student/Staff/Library ID and Library Password;
- Click " Submit ";
- Select the item to be requested;
- Click " REQUEST SELECTED ITEM ";
- A message, "Your request for ... was successful. Your request will be delivered to XX Library when it is available" will be displayed if the request is successful.
Cancelling a hold:
** To protect your personal information, click " LOG OUT " after viewing your library record.
- Logon to your " My Library Record " at the Library Homepage;
- Click " _ requests (holds) ";
- Select the item(s) you want to cancel the hold and click " CANCEL SELECTED ITEMS ";
- Click " Yes " to confirm the cancellation;
- The message " No holds found " or the uncancelled hold will be displayed.
Hold cannot be placed if:
- The item is NOT checked out, unless the location is Remote: Pls Request/Hold.
- The item status is " IN TRANSIT " or " ON DISPLAY ".
- The item has already been checked out by you.
- The item is a reserve book, a short loan item, or a multimedia material.
- The item is a non-circulating item such as a reference book.
- You have already reached your hold quota limit.
- Your loan privilege has been suspended.