RefWorks is a web-based bibliography and database manager that allows users to:
Connect to RefWorks
- Import citations directly from most databases available through the Library website as well as the Library Catalogue.
- Generate a bibliography or reference list in a variety of citation styles, including APA, MLA, and Chicago.
- Format in-text citations or footnotes in seconds.
- Create bibliographies in different document formats such as Word, RTF, HTML, etc.
- Organize and create your own personal database.
Users need to sign up for an individual account the first time they use RefWorks. To create an account or to login, go to:
- Click on Sign up for an Individual Account at the login screen.
- Enter the required information, including a Login Name and Password. It is recommended that you DO NOT use your Library Password for security reasons. Please assign another password of your choice.
- Click on Register.
How to export citations from databases to RefWorks
Write-N-Cite, a RefWorks utility program that facilitates formatting in-text citations
compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7;
for Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010|
compatible with OS X 10.5, 10.6 & 10.7;
for Microsoft Word 2008 and 2011|
Users using previous version of Write-N-Cite from off-campus must load the WNC Proxy Configuration Utility to enter the following proxy server information:
(More information for Windows / Mac users)