Call for Papers
繁體 | 简体
The Conference is organized by the University Library System
of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) and The Joint University
Librarians Advisory Committee (JULAC). Invited keynote speakers
will ground thematic discussions in their geographical settings
and present consortial issues in a global perspective. Papers are
now invited from university librarians, consortial managers, librarians
and information professionals on the four major themes of the Conference.
Potential presenters should send a 500-word maximum abstract of
their presentation together with a brief biography of not more than
200 words to 2013 Academic Librarian Conference at email@example.com by 8 October 2012. The Conference Organizing Committee will notify
presenters by 8 November 2012 if their presentations are chosen
for the conference. All presentations will be made in English. The
length of each presentation will be 20 minutes.
Final papers must be submitted to the Conference Organizing Committee
by 8 April 2013.
Call for papers
Last day for submitting abstracts for proposed papers and
Notification of acceptance of papers
End of early bird registration
End of registration
Submission of completed papers
Submission of PowerPoint file (if any)
End of Conference
10 July 2012
8 Oct 2012
8 Nov 2012
30 Nov 2012
28 February 2013
31 Mar 2013
8 Apr 2013
1 May 2013
30-31 May 2013
30 May 2013
31 May 2013
Abstract Submission Procedure
• Fill in the Paper Proposal Submission Form (Microsoft
• Include the title of the paper, names of all authors, affiliated
institutions, position and email addresses or other contact information.
• An abstract of the paper in English should be a maximum of 500
• All papers submitted must be original works, which have not been
presented in any conference or published in any publication before.
• Submit the Paper Proposal Submission Form by email attachment
to 2013 Academic Librarian Conference at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specify "AL3 2013” as the subject heading.
• Deadline for abstract and brief biography submission: 8 October
• Notification of acceptance: 8 November 2012.
|Accepted Paper Submission Procedure
• For papers written in English, the articles should not exceed
6,000 words. Please follow the Author Guidelines from the journal
Library Management. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/products/journals/author_guidelines.htm?id=lm
• For papers written in Chinese, the articles should not exceed
6,000 words, figures, charts and tables should be presented clearly.
• Submit by email attachment to 2013 Academic Librarian Conference
at email@example.com . Specify "AL3 2013" as the subject heading.
• Deadline of accepted paper submission: 8 April 2013.
• If presentation PowerPoint is available separately, please also
submit by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 May 2013.
|Responsibilities of Authors
|• Register for and attend the Conference.
• Present the paper in English in about 20 minutes maximum.
• Grant permission for possible audio and video recording,
web broadcast, and to be archived in CUHK Institutional Repository.
• Assign first publication rights to the Conference Organizers,
as all papers will be published in the Conference proceedings,
and peer-reviewed papers may be published in Library Management
in the English or Chinese versions of the journal.
• Provide completed papers in electronic version by the deadline.
|All proposals will be reviewed by a Panel before acceptance according to set
criteria. Among the most important selection criteria are
relevancy to the conference themes, innovative, challenging
and controversial aspects, originality and clarity. Applicants
will be notified about the acceptance or rejection of their
papers by 8 November 2012.
|For further information, please contact Ms. Catherine Kwok/Ms.
Wing Woo (Program and Call for Papers) at telephone (852)
2358 6758 (Kwok) or (852) 3411-7965 (Woo) or email at email@example.com . We look forward to receiving your paper submission and seeing
you at the Conference.
Under the Smoking (Public Health) (Amendment) Ordinance (Cap.371), the entire campus of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (including indoor and outdoor areas) has been designated as no smoking area with effect from January 1, 2007. The Chinese University of Hong Kong is committed to maintaining a smoke-free campus. Thank you for your cooperation.
Last update: February 6, 2013