Research Poster Exhibition
The Research Poster Exhibition organized by the Library for CUHK postgraduate students will be held from 11 to 13 May 2016 in the University Library. [Extended to 20 May 2016 (Fri)] CUHK postgraduate students are welcome to participate in the Research Poster Exhibition.
- to facilitate postgraduate students to present their own research to the broader university community
- to provide participants opportunities to enhance poster presentation skills
- Display of research posters from postgraduate students conducting research in various disciplines
- Oral presentation of research content and answering judges’ questions by participants
Eligibility of participants: CUHK postgraduate students
11 May 2016 (Wed) (from 3:00 p.m.) to 13 May 2016 (Fri) [Extended to 20 May 2016 (Fri)]
- Presentation by participants & Prize presentation:
12 May 2016 (Thu) 12:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.
Light refreshment will be provided.
Key Dates for Entry:
- Deadline for submission of poster abstracts: 29 Apr 2016 (Fri)
- Notification of selection results: 3 May 2016 (Tue)
- Deadline for submission of posters: 5 May 2016 (Thu)
Venue: Reading Area next to Digital Scholarship Lab, G/F, University Library
- The poster should present contents for the participants’ own research.
- All poster abstracts from interested postgraduates should be submitted via the Online Submission Form
- Poster size: 140 cm (H) X 90 cm (W)
- Poster content should be easily readable within 3 to 5 minutes.
- Poster should include the poster title, student’s full name, name of department/discipline, and relevant research contents (e.g. research objectives, methods, results or any combination of these).
- Softcopy of selected posters in PDF or JPEG format at 300 dpi should be sent to the Library for printing.
- Participants should stand near to their posters and orally present their research content to the judges and people attending the exhibition and answer their questions.
- Judge panel attending the poster exhibition are free to move about from poster to poster, and may ask students questions about the research. Students should be prepared to give a short oral presentation and answer questions.
Honoured Judge Panel:
- Prof. Lutz-Christian Wolff, Dean of the Graduate School & Wei Lun Professor of Law
- Mr. Pierre Assier, Lecturer of The Independent Learning Centre
- Ms. Louise Jones, University Librarian of The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Best Poster Presentation: $300 book coupon
- 1st Runner-up of Best Poster Presentation: $200 book coupon
- Poster content relevant to research topic/title
- Poster design
- Presentation (clarity and quality)
- Q&A (knowledge of subjects)
Abstract Submission: Complete the Online Submission Form
Enquiries: 3943 9754 / firstname.lastname@example.org