All CUHK undergraduate students are welcome to attend the following library workshops. Postgraduate students are also welcome to attend if they wish. After attending five courses on information research skills, you will be granted a certificate of digital literacy by the Library. Students, in groups of ten or more, can request library courses to suit their information needs and schedules.
Postgraduate, Researcher and Faculty Workshops
Workshops and talks on literature review, strategies for publishing in academic journals, research alert, citation management, researcher identifier creating and research impact showcasing are provided during the academic year. Attendance proof may be issued on request. In addition, discussion workshops for postgraduate studies, including successful presentations and thesis writing tips, and the Research Café are also organized.
- Research Skills Workshops Series
- Tailor-made workshops for researchers
- Digital Scholarship and Research Data Workshops
- Innovation Skills Workshops: Applying Digital Tools in Telling Stories with DATA
- Workshops on AIMS and Research Portal
- Scientific Writing Workshop
- NVivo Workshop
- Thesis Writing Tips Workshops
- Improving Postgraduate Learning (IPL) Courses (Graduate School/CLEAR)
Request a Seminar
Course instructors and students in groups may request seminars for a particular subject area or a specific assignment at any time during the year. From the planning stage of a course or research project, Liaison Librarians with different subject backgrounds can work with you to strengthen research skills for gathering and managing scholarly information sources.