The Library is pleased to arrange a series of AIMS and Research Portal workshops for researchers and postgraduate students. CUHK researchers and staff are all welcome to join the workshops. Interested postgraduate students are also welcome to attend.
Managing your Research Output in AIMS
AIMS is the new Academic Information Management System of CUHK. This workshop aims at demonstrating to you:
- What is AIMS and its public interface Research Portal
- The easy way to use AIMS for managing your research outputs
- Significant features of Research Portal
Archiving Research Outputs in AIMS’ Research Portal
There are lots of benefits in depositing the full text of your research outputs in AIMS that can be openly accessed in Research Portal. These include showcasing excellence of your research, increasing the chance of getting more citations for your output, more discoverable in the research community, etc. This workshop is to demonstrate:
- The easy way of depositing the full text of your output
- The right copy of full text that should be used for depositing
- Ways of handling copyright issues that may arise
Open Access and Scholarly Publishing
As a new model of scholarly publishing, open access (OA) is widely discussed in the academic community. This workshop will introduce to you:
- Concepts, types and importance of OA publishing model
- Pros and cons of OA
- OA and AIMS
- Publishing in OA journals
18 Oct (Tue) 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
21 Oct (Fri) 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
According to the Typhoon Signal No. 8 was hoisted, the class on 21 Oct (Fri) has been cancelled. It is now rescheduled to:
31 Oct (Mon) 2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Click here to register
Venue: User Education Room 1, G/F, University Library
Venue: ITSC Training Room 2, Pi Ch’iu Building (Room 103 + 105)
Medium of Instruction: Cantonese (English might be used if users require.)