Thank you for your participation!
As part of our continuous effort to improve services, the University Library System conducted a survey from November 1 - 30, 2007. The Library received 2,928 valid responses and half of the respondents supplied written comments.
The survey is part of the international LibQUAL+TM project. It helps to measure the following major areas:
- Library facilities and services
- The Library as a place for research and study
- Access to information
- The quality and scope of our collection
- How many questions are included in the survey?
The survey contains 33 questions on Library services and facilities, plus 8 questions on the participants' details. It typically takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Can I skip questions that don't apply to me?
Please do not skip any questions in the survey! If you do not wish to answer a question or feel a question does not apply to you, select NA (not applicable). Incomplete surveys are not counted in the aggregate scores.
- Why does the survey seem to repeat the same question(s)?
The survey examines a variety of dimensions of library services, each represented by a number of questions. Repetition or redundancy in questions allows the survey designers to analyze the validity of each service quality dimension through statistical methods.
- Is the Library offering an incentive to those who complete the survey?
The Library is offering an Apple iPod nano and other prizes including USB flash drives and $100 book coupons in a lucky draw as appreciation for your participation. Just enter your CUHK email address at the end of the web-based survey to enter the lucky draw.
Congratulations to all prize draw winners!
The University Librarian, Dr. Colin Storey,
presented prizes to the prize draw winners on Jan 17, 2008.
- Can I get a paper version of the survey?
Respondents not able to complete an online questionnaire may obtain a paper copy of the survey at the Reference Counter, 1/F University Library or send an email request to email@example.com
- What is LibQUAL+TM?
LibQUAL+TM is a suite of services that can be used to assess and improve library services. These services are offered to the library community by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) in the United States.
The results of the LibQUAL+TM survey help library administration spot trends in service quality and find out where scarce resources need to be focused.
More information about LibQUAL+TM is available at http://www.libqual.org/.
- How will the LibQUAL+TM Survey benefit library users?
Library users will have the chance to tell us which of the Library services need improvement so that we can better meet users' expectations. The Library will also be able to develop services by comparing ULS's data with other UGC Libraries and examining the practices of those libraries that are evaluated highly by their users.
- What other UGC Libraries are participating in LibQUAL+TM?
Participants include City University of Hong Kong, Lingnan University, Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, and The University of Hong Kong.
Confidentiality and Privacy
According to LibQUAL+TM, all responses to the survey are confidential and no personal data is passed to the survey organizers.
LibQUAL+TM protects private data in 2 ways:
- Only indirect information about the computer being used to take the survey is captured. It would be difficult to use this information to trace the individual.
- Personal information separated from survey responses whenever possible. E-mail addresses are not saved with the responses and, once they are saved, there is no way to link an individual's responses to his or her e-mail address. This process ensures confidentiality when entering the incentive drawings.
Davis, M., Groves, R. & Kyrillidou, M. (2006) LibQUAL+TM Procedure Manual. Washington, D. C.: Association of Research Libraries.
If you have any questions regarding this online survey, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org