As a library initiative to support the University-wide themes on Innovation and Entrepreneurship, the Learning Garden, a popular 24/7 space for students will be conducting a refurbishment project to create the first MakerSpace for the CUHK community.
Phase I – Collection moves (May to 31 August 2018)
- Majority of audio-visual collections will be relocated from the United College Library to the Learning Garden
- General books (A Class) at Learning Garden will be relocated to the United College Library
Phase II – MakerSpace project (Sep 2018 to Early 2019)
Four Key Components:
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) facilities ;
- Creative Media Production Space for video and VR creation ;
- Maker Work Space equipped with various production tools
- Digital Fabrication Space equipped with 3D printers and scanners.
- The floor area of the Makerspace is around 140sqm.
Tel: (852) 3943 9730