“In giving is the true enlightenment”
(Santiveda, 7th Cent. – Sikshasammuccaya:Ratnamegha)
CUHK Library is deeply grateful to our friends, corporate allies and alumni who donate to CUHK Library.
The impact of giving to CUHK Library
When you donate to the Library you are directly supporting CUHK students and researchers. The following are just a few of the many things made possible through donations:
- The creation of the Hong Kong Literature Collection that has changed the direction of research in this area. Many of our most important library collections have come to us as gifts.
- Aesthetic enhancement of library space with donation of artworks
- An annual student essay competition based on use of our Special Collections, funded by a donation to mark CUHK’s 50th anniversary
- Makerspace Student Ambassadors. Funding the training of a cohort of students to offer peer-to-peer support on services such as 3D printing, laser cutting, VR, creative media in this innovative space.
- Digitisation of……. making the material open to all
Donations to Collections
We welcome gifts of books and other materials that complement and strengthen our existing collections. Books, journals, non-print materials, archives, manuscripts, and other materials that support the teaching and research of the University are accepted. For collections of rare and unique scholarly and research value, for posterity, CUHK Library will treat all such offerings with the utmost care and respect.
Acceptance of Donations
Because of the high costs associated with processing and preserving collection material, we cannot accept all offers. We will review potential gifts to decide whether to incorporate them into the Library’s collections. The acceptance of donations will depend upon the relevance of subject and academic quality; physical condition; publication year; availability in library collections, and whether there are any pre-conditions attached to the gift. We accept donations on the understanding that location, cataloguing, retention and preservation are at the discretion of the Library. The Library seeks donors’ understanding that it reserves the right to accept, reject, dispose or exchange materials according to the conditions described above.
How to Give
To give gifts of material please contact
|Address:||Gift & Exchange,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong Library,
6/F, Tin Ka Ping Building,
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong.