Many of the information and publications we come across in the course of study, teaching and research are copyright-protected by different copyright ordinance and regulations of Hong Kong no matter they are printed or electronic and regardless of format. Learning to use them properly without infringing the copyright laws of Hong Kong unknowingly is the responsibility of every member of the University. This web page is to provide general and University-specific information about copyright and its implications to the teaching and research work of the University so that members of the University will have a good understanding of copyright and intellectual property issues.
Library Consultation Service
All members of the University are welcome to contact the Library for any enquiries relating to copyright. Please e-mail us: email@example.com. Our service is informational only, not for providing legal advice:
- Advice on copyright status and fair use analysis
- Consultation on managing copyright ownership for faculty, researchers and students
- Advice on copyright issues relating to digitization projects.
- Copyright education programs for the University community
- Referral to other offices of the University and library units if deemed appropriate