CUHK graduates may apply for an Alumni Library Card to access the Chinese University of Hong Kong Libraries. Please note that all Library Card holders must abide by any CUHK campus access measures/restrictions, including any infection control measures, when using the Library Card. Please also note that once a Library Card is issued, the Library may share the personal data of the library card holder with the University when and as requested.
Types of Library Cards, Privileges and Fees
|Types of Cards*||Privileges (Circulating materials only)||Duration||Fee||Discounted Fee^|
|Loan quota||Initial loan period#||Max. loan period#||Hold quota|
|Borrower’s Card||30 books||30 days||N/A||5||1 year||$200||$180|
^ The discounted fee is applicable to CUHK Alumni Credit Card holders only. Please click here for details. You must verify your discount eligibility with your CUHK Alumni Credit Card before choosing the discounted fee when filling out the online application form.
# The loan period will be shortened if the item(s) checked out has/ have been requested by other library users. However, a 14-day loan period is guaranteed. Borrowers can check their loans online via My Library Record. All loans with a loan period of 30 days or more may be automatically renewed unless the item is being requested by other library users. The new due date is calculated from the date of renewal. For details of borrowing quota and loan period, please visit: http://www.lib.cuhk.edu.hk/en/use/borrowing/borrow.
* Alumni can only walk-in to attend library seminars/workshops if the events are not full. However, priority will be given to current CUHK students and staff who also wish to walk-in to join the seminars/workshops. The instructor has the discretion not to accept walk-in participants if the resources concerned are limited to CUHK current students and staff only.
Applicants of the Alumni Library Card are required to logon MyCUHK Portal with their Alumni Accounts. Your 10-digit student ID is your Alumni ID and your OnePass Password is your Alumni Password.
|Alumni Login ID||Alumni ID@link.cuhk.edu.hk|
|Alumni Password||OnePass Password|
Please refer to the followings for retrieving the Alumni ID or password if necessary:
Forgot Alumni ID: https://www.alumni.cuhk.net/AlumAcctMgmt/CS_ACCTINQ.aspx
Forgot/ Reset Alumni password: https://www.alumni.cuhk.net/AlumAcctMgmt/CS_ACCTMGN.aspx
If applicants encounter any difficulties in retrieving the above credentials, please contact the Alumni Affairs Office for further assistance.
The expiry date of the Library Card is non-deferrable. You may start to renew your Alumni Borrower’s / Reader’s Cards via MyCUHK Portal one month before your Card expires. After logging in, select the box “Library” in the homepage. Next, click “Submit an application online” under “Alumni Library Services”, then click “Renew Library Card” button to renew your Alumni Library Card. Please fill in the online form and submit your photo and payment to complete your application.
Upon the receipt of your completed online application form, photo and payment, a new Library Card with CUHK-supported security will be issued in 5 working days. An email notification will be sent to you once the Card is ready for pick-up.
The charge for card replacement is $55.
- All Library Card holders must abide by any CUHK campus access measures/restrictions, including any infection control measures, when using the Library Card.
- Please note that once a Library Card is issued, the Library may share the personal data of the library card holder with the University when and as requested.
- The Library maintains a one-ID card policy. Although users may have more than one status, only one Library Card which is selected by the user will be issued.
- If you are applying for a Digital Library Service for Alumni (DLSA) at the same time, please pay separately.
- All the fees and charges are non-refundable.
- Please have an e-photo ready before the application. Your photo must be uploaded before submitting the online application.
On top of the Alumni Library Card, users may also consider applying for the Digital Library Service for Alumni (DLSA) to enjoy remote access to selected e-resources subscribed by the CUHK Library.
Due to license agreement, DLSA users are only eligible to access specific e-resources through the special URLs provided in the Database List. Please check clearly before you apply.
The annual subscription fee is $400. Subscribe before 30 June 2024 to enjoy a discount fee at $300.
1 year subscription
* CU Alumni Credit Card holders can enjoy a 20% discount off the subscription fee.
- Online payment by credit card.
- Cheque (To be payable to “The Chinese University of Hong Kong”).
Application for DLSA
Accessing the DLSA e-resources
Please start using the service only on or after the effective date as noted in the confirmation email. Please refer to the access user guide.
Terms and Conditions
The patrons may download or print a single copy of a citation, abstracts, full text or portions that does not contain a significant segment of a database on a reasonable basis, provided that the information is used solely for personal, research and education purpose only, and not for any commercial use. Massive downloading in any kind is strictly prohibited. The patron will not use the information in any manner that will infringe the copyright. Patrons who violate this Terms and Conditions could be suspended from the Digital Library Service for Alumni permanently without any refund and are solely responsible for all the indemnity incurred.
Subject to the change of database subscription and license agreement, the CUHK Library has the right to add/remove the database from the list without prior notice.
- Due to license agreement, DLSA users are only eligible to access specific e-resources through the special URLs provided in the Database List. Please check the Database List before you apply.
- Once you submit your application, you agree to abide by the Conditions of Use governing the Digital Library Service for Alumni.
- If you are applying for an Alumni Library Card at the same time, please pay separately.
- It is mandatory for subscribers to provide us with a valid email address as all notifications regarding DLSA will ONLY be sent to subscribers via email.
- The expiry date of the subscription is non-deferrable.
- If you find the Digital Library Service for Alumni not satisfactory within the first month of your subscription period, you may send a refund request to email@example.com for termination of service. Please include your Alumni ID in the email. The Library will then follow up with the Alumni Affairs Office to arrange the refund.
- The first-month refund policy does not apply to those who have tried or subscribed to DLSA before.